Friday, October 24, 2008

Massive seminar

As many of the readers probably know, Massive is a software for crowd simulation which was first developed for The Lord of the Rings. I have a strong interest in the software because my last work was crowd simulator development (which concept is completely different from massive). I went to a seminar held by Crescent because this time Stephen Regelous, the founder and CTO of Massive Software was the presenter. He explained some of new features such as agent field with which you can feed boid force (each component separately) to the brain with lots of parameters to set weight and select which neighbor agents to be considered. At the party after the seminar I talked with him and found he is a very nice and friendly guy (I heard he spoke some Japanese, can he speak Japanese?).













Stephen, at the party


Another surprise was that I met a girl I know for the first time in 6 years! She is now working for Prometech Software, which I think is the best R&D based CG company in Japan. We talked lots of technical and non-technical stuff and had fun. She gave me the answer of one of my questions (Why does the free surface boudary condition used in one of particle based fluid simulations works) which had been puzzling me for a long time.

No comments: