Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Complementary Afterimage

You can see an example of complementary afterimage here (Stare at the black dot in the center of the image for 10 sec and move the mouse pointer over the image). This is a very good one.

You can also find a lot of examples on youtube like this (keep looking at the center of the image)


I was curious if I can "add" those fake colors just like others (e.g. red and green makes yellow).
I made a simple test. I looked at cyan with my left eye and and magenta with my right for 10 seconds. Interestingly enough, I could see a yellow band in between two colors (red and green) when I looked at gray with my both eyes. Now I'm trying to make another test that makes clearer result which proves it, since the band was not easy to see and my preconception may have had it visible (and using left eye and right eye separately is not good for this test).

No comments: